Monday, March 3, 2014

First parts order arrived

I managed to track down a used nitrous oxide system from a 1992 Mustang 5.0 on craigslist for $160. A great deal considering I was looking at paying that much for the solenoids alone!



The solenoid are certainly "vintage" to say the least but as long as they work the same. I figure at worst I may have to rebuild them but luckily I have access to a machine shop!


On the fuel end of things, I have had a double ended tank with ~0.3 L capacity since my first liquid rocket project during my senior year of college. Thanks to my friend Pat Champey!


Got my first shipment of McMaster parts including mostly check valves and o-rings


30 thousand inch drill bit for the oxidizer holes


Stainless Steel fuel nozzle rated up to 4000 psi. My original thoughts were to order the 80 degree full cone sprayer but I accidentally ordered the 160 degree hollow cone. But hey! This is science! I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. Worse comes to worst fuel reaches the walls providing a little film cooling. The latent heat of vaporization for IPA is so low that it shouldn't cause a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment