Friday, April 4, 2014

Day 19: Thrust stand, electronic control panel, finished the outer jacket

Got a lot done today!

You can see in the simulation of the thrust stand that I set it up for worst case scenario. I put all of the force on the top beam to see how bad it would react. The max stress ended up around 2600 psi in the frame which is still very safe. The simulation (video 1) is exaggerated the movement so you can see it but it only moved 70 thousandths of a inch or about 1/16th so it will perform just fine once I have it all beefed up.  I know I am not going to get this right the first time so I plan to have 1/8" steel blast shields and bulletproof glass in the final design.

Other than that, I did a lot of dremilling and hammering to get my control panel into shape. After which I started to move the power supply over and get some of the buttons put in place.

The outer jacket lined up perfectly with the nozzle so I just have to get on the injector plates and I'll be ready to go.







No comments:

Post a Comment